Frontend Engineer (UI/UX)
iCentris is looking for a talented Frontend Developer who puts the user experience first. As a Frontend Developer, you'll have excellent communication skills, superior problem-solving skills and solid web application and responsive design experience. You'll be working with a team of UI designers and frontend developers under the direction of our Director of UX to build out a modern, decoupled frontend for our core application employing best practices and technologies built around React as a foundation.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop the application logic. Since you'll be working at the UI layer, it necessitates some general design / UX knowledge, but it is a secondary concern -- our UI designers will handle most of the design tool interactions and will collaborate with you regarding design feedback as required.
You should be passionate about:
- Working on a project that adheres to modern frontend development best practices and technologies. Minimal legacy cruft, woohoo!
- React -- or if you're new to React, be willing to get up to speed and THEN be super excited about it!
- Producing high quality, high performance user experiences using a mobile-first philosophy.
- Constantly improving your own skill set.
- Implement designs that work across all modern desktop and mobile browsers (IE: 11+).
- Build flexible UIs that scale from small data sets to very large datasets within the same display component. Within our application, it's very common to have one end-user with 10 items and another with 1,000 so designs and API-interaction points need to take this reality into consideration.
- Help shape product-centric, extendable features with the idea of deploying them within the context of a SaaS platform.
- Provide professional recommendations and collaborate with design and marketing teams to produce user-centric UIs taking into account market analysis, customer feedback, usability and A/B testing.
- Stay abreast of UX trends, as well as corporate and industry standards
Skill Set Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of React and/or willingness to immediately dive in and get up to speed
- Strong CSS skills, particularly those related to ironing out quirks amongst different target clients (ie: iOS, Android, IE, Safari, etc.)
- General familiarity with or willingness to learn modern frontend best practices and tooling (ie: linting, unit testing, Webpack, etc.)
- Willingness to take direction but also own a task to completion and exercise a high-degree of autonomy
- Willingness to continuing learning to stay on top of UI/UX best practices and technologies
- Deep understanding of mobile-first UI philosophy
- Basic understanding of Material Design concepts
- Experience moving your project through an agile development process
- Ability to communicate and harmonize input from many different stakeholders; i.e. technical developers, business leaders, and users
- Basic familiarity with exporting assets via Adobe Photoshop and Sketch designs
- Ability to work with team members in both United States and India
- Portfolio showing your UI and UX skills is required
- MLM / Direct Selling industry knowledge
- JIRA, Github and Slack
- React / Redux pattern
- React Native
- Linux / command line experience
- Minimum Bachelors in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience
Benefits for Full-Time Positions:
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance
- Vacation Pay, Sick Pay
- Profit Sharing
- 401k with matching