Senior Database Administrator
iCentris is a fast-growing company looking for talented Senior Database Administrator to join its newly forming DevOps team. As a Senior Database Administrator, you'll have excellent communication skills, superior problem-solving skills and solid experience with optimizing queries and database maintenance. You'll incorporate and mentor on best practices.
You should be passionate about:
- Customer satisfaction and collaboration
- Being a leader in your field and keeping your skills sharp
- Using technology to provide creative solutions that solve customer problems
- Making decisions and recommendations based on empirical data and facts
- Producing highest quality solutions
- Mentoring and working closely with team members
- Manage databases for multiple clients on multiple environments (stage, RC, production)
- Design, implement, maintain and repair organizations databases
- Ensure performance, integrity and security of the databases
- Work with Data Integration Engineer and Software Application Engineers to ensure optimization of code and queries
- Control access, permissions and privileges
- Understand existing systems, data flows, and databases well enough to propose and implement enhancements and improvements.
- Develop product centric features to accommodate multiple client request
- Work within a team structure with developers in the United States and India locations
- Develop highly scalable and reliable systems.
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure overall code quality where applicable
Skill Set Requirements:
- Five (5) years of commercial experience including:
- MS SQL Server
- SQL Optimization
- RDBMS specifically with AWS
- Loading Data - (formatted file)
- Export formatted files
- Github or SVN
- Understanding of: storage technologies, networking, Windows & Linux.
- AWS (e.g. Lambda, SNS, SQS, SES, RDS)
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and remediation skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to use metrics to drive proactive and continuous improvements.
- Excellent English written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Ruby 2.3 +
- Rails 5 +
- MLM / Direct Selling industry knowledge
- SOLID, OOP, OOD, Application Architecture, Data Modelling, TDD
- Agile Methodologies
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Dynamo DB)
- JIRA, Github and Slack
- Experience with Mongo, Redis and NoSQL Databases
- Minimum Bachelors in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience
Benefits for Full-Time Positions:
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance
- Vacation Pay, Sick Pay
- Profit Sharing
- 401k with matching